Virtual Heat Treatment of Gear Steels
Date: 13th, 20th & 27th October - 10am-12pm
Tutor: Philip Clarke
Fee: BGA Member Free / Non Member £225*
This online course is held over 3 sessions and is fully interactive with detailed examples and plenty of time for questions and discussion.
Please note you will need to attend all 3 sessions to complete the training.
Philip Clarke will describe the heat treatment of gear steels assuming minimal prior knowledge. After an introduction to the basic metallurgical concepts and key principles, the enhancement of surface properties by carburising and induction hardening will be explained. The properties imparted by, and the consequences and problems of the chosen process with reference to material selection, distortion and growth will be covered with the aid of case histories.
The Seminar will cover:
- Introduction to steel heat treatment – metallurgical principles; hardening & tempering
- Introduction to nitriding, nitro-carburising & other surface treatments
- Laser & Electron Beam Hardening
- Induction & flame hardening
- Problem solving – low/high hardness; case-depth
- Controlling distortion
* After registration we will contact you to arrange invoicing.