VIRTUAL HEAT TREATMENT OF GEAR STEELS
Date: 2nd & 9th August 2022
Tutor: Philip Clarke
Fee: Non Member £225* / BGA Member Free
Please note this course is over 2 sessions. You will need to attend all sessions to complete the training.
Philip Clarke will describe the heat treatment of gear steels assuming minimal prior knowledge. After an introduction to the basic metallurgical concepts and key principles, the enhancement of surface properties by carburising and induction hardening will be explained. The properties imparted by, and the consequences and problems of the chosen process with reference to material selection, distortion and growth will be covered with the aid of case histories.
The Seminar will cover:
- Introduction to steel heat treatment – metallurgical principles; hardening & tempering
- Introduction to nitriding, nitro-carburising & other surface treatments
- Laser & Electron Beam Hardening
- Induction & flame hardening
- Problem solving – low/high hardness; case-depth
- Controlling distortion
If you would like to register for any of our essential gear training please click the registration button below or contact Kirsty in the BGA office firstname.lastname@example.org
* If you are a non member we will contact you to arrange invoicing.